Friday, April 24, 2009

♥ Milan ♥

This past week Kayla and I both had to talk in church. She did hers in sacrament and I did mine in Stake Conference..it was so scary. But anyway that is why she is talking about her talk. Her birthday is today!! April 24th :) Last year for her birthday I drove down to Cedar City with a big white envelope!! Wow time flies! She will be starting her 8th month on May 3... Here is her week!


My talk went well and after cracking a few jokes, a little PMG magic and one testimony later, I was off that stand in less than 5 minutes! It was good though because the Elder before me took up a lot of time, so I was just the break inbetween! Its so funny to see peoples faces here when they can tell you are having a bit of trouble pronouncing something because Italians can NOT control their facial expressions! Anything they are feeling, they show and one family, the Grimaldi's, were smiling and then they looked a little like they were straining to understand, then they would relax and then go back to straining! I almost laughed right on the stand! But all in all it was a neat experience and one that most likely I will have the opportunity to experience time and time again!
This week is transfers, yes already I know, but I have good news! Im staying here and so is Sorella Glass! I get to do another transfer with the best companion I have ever had! Im happy, but she is dying a little because this makes 6 transfers here! 1/2 her mission in one city! But, we will make it fun for her. We are already making goals to really get to work and find even more investigators! I cant wait to see where this work goes. The members are really getting into it and the Bishop is a great help. He and I have a great rapport and Im so greatful. He always asks me how I am, if there is anything he can do to help, how the work is, how my family is, you know, the usual questions, but it really makes me feel appreciated and cared about.

I witnessed a cop and robber chase! Here we go, let me set up the scene for you because it was absolutely priceless. So, we were in the Metro, its underground and its a big cement platform with traintracks in the middle where you wait for the Subway. Usually there are vendors with cheap things like jewerly, bags, socks, etc. We were waiting for our subway, just having finished speaking to an amazing man who gave us his name and 2 numbers and address, Alessandro, and all of the sudden about 5 vendors came running down the platform smiling and laughing a bit and following them was this chunky, mid 50s cop just running as fast as he could to catch up with them! We didnt know what to do, so we just watched, paused and then I asked S. Glass "Did that really just happen?" and I promise you this, it did! I was thoroughly entertained! It was just like the movies and the only thing missing was a donut and some coffee involved somehow!
Take care Mom! You are always in my prayers and thoughts. Im standing in Holy Places and loving every minute of it! Sorella Kayla Wilcox
Easter was spent at the park with these investigators. The lady has a baptism date for July!!

No comments:

Music